Nigerian pepper sauce is an incredibly versatile sauce made with Sweet Bell Peppers. It can be paired with numerous dishes like boiled rice, boiled or fried yam and boli, potatoes and even bread. Boli( roasted plantain) is one of Nigeria’s favourite ‘road side’ snacks, which also goes well with peppered sauce.
Here is how you can make it in the comfort of your kitchen.
Ingredients For Roasted Plantain And Pepper Sauce
- Ripe / unripe plantain: as much as you eat!
- Fish:preferably Mackerel
- Palm oil
- Habanero pepper or any fresh chilli pepper
- Salt to taste
- When the barbecue is heated,place the peeled plantains and fish on the barbecue grids to start roasting.
remember to turn the sides from time to time for an even roast.
- When the plantain is perfectly roasted,place the pepper sauce on the grid to heat it up.
you’ll know they are well-roasted when they look like the ones in the picture.
- The roasted plantain is ready to be served.dip the roasted plantains in the pepper sauce to eat.
wash it down with chilled drink.
Then go and take a nap because that’s the only thing you want to do after this meal.
Watch how to prepare the Boli and peppered sauce below: