Arewa Twitter is currently trending in Nigeria as Northern youths took to Twitter to share photos as they celebrated Eid Mubarak with a display of exotic cars and lifestyle.
Social media have been reacting to the videos of the luxury cars from the young Northerners and claims to be the richest in Nigeria.
WHAT IS AREWA??
Arewa is a Hausa language term for north, one of the cardinal directions. Its popular usage in contemporary Nigeria sometimes suggests a northern Nigerian regionalism or proto-nationalism.
Arewa Twitter refers to the social media demography that is made up of Nigerians of northern extraction.
ARE THEY TRULY THE RICHEST IN NIGERIA??.
A Twitter user @capt_Awwal who posed with two Rolls Royce cars in the background, wowed people when he revealed his father has 3 Rolls Royce and 7 BMWs.
It has been alleged that the northerners’ wealth is from oil and also money made from politics and public funds.
This soon led to an argument on Twitter while Arewa Twitter users continued to show off their wealth.
Going Through Twitter Platform, We Got some reactions;
- The Northerners are the richest People in Nigeria yet also the poorest people in this country… More of like, The rich keep getting richer and poor poorer.
- Arewa Twitter keep reminding us why we need to have money
- Arewa Twitter lowkey have the richest set of people
- People outside the North think they’ll just migrate to the north and get arewa girls
- Bentley wey celebrities dey pamper, na him Arewa twitter de take snap picture like normal thing
- I’ve finally accepted what the spirit has been trying to tell me since all these days. My husband is in Arewa Twitter.
- 3 Rolls Royces and 7 BMWs all in one compound? These elite Arewa Twitter people have generational wealth passed on to them, and their lineage cannot suffer.
- Arewa people are very rich no doubt but the problem is they don’t help themselves. A rich Hausa man prefers you come to his gate every morning to beg for breakfast.
- After going through those pictures on arewa twitter, i just discovered that this life no balance.
- You see as Arewa Twitter dey snap with Rolls Royce and Co. Dem no cover plate number but you wey stand near Toyota Corolla 2002 model go carry amotekun badge cover plate number like sey dem wan tiff the car
- Girls no go follow aboki cus of Arewa o. Nobi all of them get Rolls Royce, some na Mai Ruwa.
See Few Photos and Video Posted On Social Media