Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos State has ordered all civil servants to stay at home on Monday, May 4th as he also created a timetable for different markets.
According to him, synopsis of the amendments are;
- Tomorrow no Civil Servant must resume tomorrow.
- While only level 15 above should resume from Tuesday.
- Food markets only to open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Other Non Food markets to open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Banks to open with strict observance of all rules to hygiene and social distancing, ensure that their ATM machines are well sanitised and possibly provide means of transport for their staff.
- Eateries and Restaurants bcos of the Ramadan, will open from 9am to 7pm, only with Take-away packs and Order, no one must sit and eat.
- He maintained that food handlers must wear masks and hand gloves in markets at all times, directing that shop owners must provide hand sanitisers and wash hands with soap and running water at all entry points and conduct temperature checks on all customers.
- Those whose vehicles were arrested on or before 14th of April, can, from tomorrow go and start collecting their seized vehicles.
- Compulsory wearing of face masks, from tomorrow, Monday 4th the distribution to the public begins.
- Commuters transport to operate between 6am to 7pm, further guidelines will be released to the press.
There is going to be strict monitoring, and free toll number will be given to whistle blowers to call in to report defaulters, your identity will not be revealed. 09010513197, 09010513198, 09010513199,
The Governor also encouraged the elderly ones to remain at home because of their age, and he encourage the residents of Lagos State to remain calm with the assurance that very soon the evil will pass away.