#FreeShola is currently trending in Nigeria as social media users call for the release of LAUTECH student, Babatunde Olusola who was arrested for creating a parody Twitter account of former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan.
The final year student of Chemical Engineering of Ladoke Akintola University who is also an orphan was arrested on May 23, 2020.
Babatunde was arrested through his uncle by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
The Twitter influencer @jayythedope was transferred from Ogbomoso to Ibadan and later to Abuja where he was detained.
Nigerians are calling for the release of Babatunde Olusola as #FreeShola trends.
Babatunde made it clear in his bio that the parody Twitter account does not belong to Goodluck Jonathan, which does not violate Twitter rules.
See Reactions Below:
- @brysonadahcole – Excuse me sir. Shola is not out yet. He’s still there!! The battle against the oppressors is not won yet. The innocent boy is still in detention! #FreeShola.
- @litskinayo – Shola is still in detention over a tweet he posted few months ago(over 60 days)… @GEJonathan we plea on behalf of our brother.. please #FreeShola
- @Joker_Gram – Man, the boy clearly stated that it’s a parody account for crying out loud…give the kid a breathing space, if this is some kind of way that Ebele wants to use to come back or push PDP into power, somebody should tell him that it’s not working….#FreeShola.
- @meettherichard – Please sir, Shola hasn’t been free yet. Kindly debunk the news of his release. #FreeShola.
- @goofy_Dammy – Can we channel our energy to trend #FreeShola and leave big brother